What were your taxable earnings from need-based employment programs?


This is question 44c on the paper FAFSA.

Enter the total amount of taxable earnings that you (and if married, your spouse) received in 2016 from Federal Work-study or other need-based work programs, such as fellowships and assistantships.

Federal Work-study is income earned from work. This income should appear on your W-2 form and should be reported as wages in questions 39-40, whether or not you are a tax filer. Do not worry about the fact that you are reporting work-study income in both places. The amounts from the Student’s Additional Financial Information fields are treated differently in the EFC calculation, and you will not be penalized.

Round to the nearest dollar and do not include commas or decimal points.

Do not report here any items included elsewhere in the Student’s Additional Financial Information fields.

Help Print

Close Help