What do I do if the IRS indicated that I filed an Amended Tax Return?


The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) allows you to securely transfer original IRS tax return information into your FAFSA, but not Form 1040X amended tax return information. Therefore, your IRS tax return information may not completely reflect what you need to report on the FAFSA.

If you filed a Form 1040X amended tax return, you may need to work with your Financial Aid Administrator to ensure that any financial information you corrected on Form 1040X is reflected in the amounts transferred to your FAFSA.

Help Print

Close Help