What were your parents’ taxable earnings from need-based employment programs?


This is question 93c on the paper FAFSA.

Enter the total amount of taxable earnings your parents received in 2016 from Federal Work-study or other need-based work programs such as fellowships and assistantships.

Federal Work-study is income earned from work. This income should appear on your parents’ W-2 form and should be reported as wages, whether or not your parent is a tax filer. Do not worry about the fact that you are reporting work-study income in both places. The amounts from the Parents’ Additional Financial Information fields are treated differently in the EFC calculation, and your parents will not be penalized.

Round to the nearest dollar and do not include commas or decimal points.

Help Print

Close Help