For 2016, what is or will be your parents’ tax filing status according to their tax return?


This is question 82 on the paper FAFSA.

If your parents filed or will file a tax return, you must select your parents’ tax return filing status for 2016:

If your parents filed a 1040 or 1040A tax return, select the tax return filing status from the “Filing Status” field of your parents’ tax return.

If your parents filed a 1040EZ tax return, select Single if your parents are not married and select Married-Filed Joint Return if your parents are married.

Help Print

Close Help